Welcome to the home of Thinking Through Testing. Here we explore “right-fit” approaches for software testing and share our ideas. We hope that you find something you can apply to your own projects and organizational environment.
Popular Articles & Presentations
- I Say “Quality”! You Say…?
- Write a Test Strategy – What Choice(s) Do I Have?
- Own Your Approach – Drive Process Improvement
- COTS Tools vs. Scripting Languages for Test Automation
- Rapid Test Case Prioritization
Most Recent Articles & Presentations
Project management is continually challenged with delivering the “right” solution, on-time and on-budget, with high quality. In the face of typical project constraints and changing priorities, quality is sometimes sacrificed towards the end of the project for the sake of … Continue reading
Test automation is an investment. Like any investment, you expect a future return. As stated in “Test Automation – Building Your Business Case” the following are some of the benefits typically expected from investing in software test automation: Discover defects … Continue reading
I recently interviewed Janet Gregory on the topic of distributed teams. Janet is the founder of DragonFire Inc., an agile quality process consultancy and training firm. Janet co-wrote the original book on agile testing “Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for … Continue reading
Presentations on SlideShare
All categories include:
- Agile Testing: Topics or discussions for improving software testing practices that are agreeable with Agile Principles
- Automation & Tools: Approaches for using tools and test automation techniques to accelerate testing efforts and/or increase test effectiveness
- Business of Testing: Discussions around how to integrate the software testing practice within the team, the organization and the business, and make visible the value of quality, testing and the people involved
- Estimation for Testing: Approaches for including re-usable estimation techniques in the planning and management activities of the project to provide realistic options and aid good decision-making
- Planning for Quality: Articles discussing how to build quality into the project through upfront planning, practical practices, and streamlined processes
- Requirements & Testing: Discussions on where requirements and software testing come together and how each can better help and support the other
- Risk & Testing: Looking at how software testing can be used in the larger context of risk management and mitigation
- Team Building: Topics around encouraging, empowering, organizing both test and project teams
- Test Planning & Strategy: Addressing topics around designing test approaches, incorporating test techniques, setting up testing, and communicating the strategies for implementation
- Other: A catchall for topics that don’t have their own category yet