Welcome to the home of Thinking Through Testing. Here we explore “right-fit” approaches for software testing and share our ideas. We hope that you find something you can apply to your own projects and organizational environment.
Popular Articles & Presentations
- I Say “Quality”! You Say…?
- Write a Test Strategy – What Choice(s) Do I Have?
- Own Your Approach – Drive Process Improvement
- COTS Tools vs. Scripting Languages for Test Automation
- Rapid Test Case Prioritization
Most Recent Articles & Presentations
We, as testers, do not “build in quality” and can not guarantee all the defects will be found. We can not, should not, define “what is quality?“ And, we should not be making the choice to release or not. Not … Continue reading
Project management is continually challenged with delivering the “right” solution, on-time and on-budget, with high quality. In the face of typical project constraints and changing priorities, quality is sometimes sacrificed towards the end of the project for the sake of … Continue reading
Test automation is an investment. Like any investment, you expect a future return. As stated in “Test Automation – Building Your Business Case” the following are some of the benefits typically expected from investing in software test automation: Discover defects … Continue reading
Presentations on SlideShare
All categories include:
- Agile Testing: Topics or discussions for improving software testing practices that are agreeable with Agile Principles
- Automation & Tools: Approaches for using tools and test automation techniques to accelerate testing efforts and/or increase test effectiveness
- Business of Testing: Discussions around how to integrate the software testing practice within the team, the organization and the business, and make visible the value of quality, testing and the people involved
- Estimation for Testing: Approaches for including re-usable estimation techniques in the planning and management activities of the project to provide realistic options and aid good decision-making
- Planning for Quality: Articles discussing how to build quality into the project through upfront planning, practical practices, and streamlined processes
- Requirements & Testing: Discussions on where requirements and software testing come together and how each can better help and support the other
- Risk & Testing: Looking at how software testing can be used in the larger context of risk management and mitigation
- Team Building: Topics around encouraging, empowering, organizing both test and project teams
- Test Planning & Strategy: Addressing topics around designing test approaches, incorporating test techniques, setting up testing, and communicating the strategies for implementation
- Other: A catchall for topics that don’t have their own category yet