Welcome to the home of Thinking Through Testing. Here we explore “right-fit” approaches for software testing and share our ideas. We hope that you find something you can apply to your own projects and organizational environment.
In a previous article, I discussed managing risk with quality gates (“None Shall Pass…unless? Managing Risk with Quality Gates”). Such gates and their expectations facilitate tracing issue root cause and examining which preventative measures failed or need to be enhanced … Continue reading
Most Recent Articles
Take everything you know about bug advocacy – the art of maximizing the likelihood that any given bug is fixed as per its impact on those who care about it – and direct it towards feature advocacy – the art … Continue reading
You and your team have to live with the impact of poor internal quality every day, on every project. But fixing these issues or improving the situation is not often a top priority. “No one keeps track of the costs … Continue reading
Throughout my career I have observed numerous organizations all looking for the ‘silver bullet’ to solve all their product quality problems. News Flash: There is no ‘silver bullet’. Solving product quality problems can only begin when organizations “Stop Testing and … Continue reading
Popular Articles & Presentations
- Components of a Test Strategy
- Testing as a Service? Testing is a Service
- Mobile Application Testing – It’s Not All About the Devices
- Regression Testing – Strategic and Risk-driven, Can You Afford Not To?
- Philosophy of Defect Resolutions
- Is Functional Assurance the new Quality Assurance?
- COTS Tools vs. Scripting Languages for Test Automation
- Rapid Test Case Prioritization
- Test Planning Game: “Mind Your Own Business”
- I Say “Quality”! You Say…?
- Release Criteria – What Is Your ‘Quality Bar’?
- Write a Test Strategy – What Choice(s) Do I Have?
- Testing Without Requirements
Presentations on SlideShare
All categories include:
- Agile Testing: Topics or discussions for improving software testing practices that are agreeable with Agile Principles
- Automation & Tools: Approaches for using tools and test automation techniques to accelerate testing efforts and/or increase test effectiveness
- Business of Testing: Discussions around how to integrate software testing within the team, the organization and the business, and make visible the value of quality, testing and the people involved
- Estimation for Testing: Approaches for including re-usable estimation techniques in the planning and management activities of the project to provide realistic options and aid good decision-making
- Planning for Quality: Articles discussing how to build quality into the project through upfront planning, practical practices, and streamlined processes
- Requirements & Testing: Discussions on where requirements and software testing come together and how each can better help and support the other
- Risk & Testing: Looking at how software testing can be used in the larger context of risk management and mitigation
- Team Building: Topics around encouraging, empowering, organizing both test and project teams
- Test Planning & Strategy: Addressing topics around designing test approaches, incorporating test techniques, setting up testing, and communicating the strategies for implementation
- Other: A catchall for topics that don’t have their own category yet