Welcome to the home of Thinking Through Testing. Here we explore “right-fit” approaches for software testing and share our ideas. We hope that you find something you can apply to your own projects and organizational environment.
Risk management can be defined as creating and maintaining plans for controlling real and perceived risks paired with monitoring the effectiveness of those plans. DO NOT wait until a risk becomes reality before deciding what to do about it. A … Continue reading
Most Recent Articles
Software testing has always faced large volumes of work and short timeframes. To get the most value for your testing dollars, test automation is typically a critical component. However, many teams have attempted to add test automation to their projects … Continue reading
Over the years, I have been involved in a number of projects testing COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) systems across a range of industries. Sometimes the project was with the vendor and sometimes with the customer. When it came to supporting a company … Continue reading
Methods of uncovering defects have for the most part stayed the same even with great advancements in process and development tools. One thing that has not stayed the same is the amount of time we have to uncover these defects. … Continue reading
Popular Articles & Presentations
- Components of a Test Strategy
- Testing as a Service? Testing is a Service
- Mobile Application Testing – It’s Not All About the Devices
- Regression Testing – Strategic and Risk-driven, Can You Afford Not To?
- Philosophy of Defect Resolutions
- Is Functional Assurance the new Quality Assurance?
- COTS Tools vs. Scripting Languages for Test Automation
- Rapid Test Case Prioritization
- Test Planning Game: “Mind Your Own Business”
- I Say “Quality”! You Say…?
- Release Criteria – What Is Your ‘Quality Bar’?
- Write a Test Strategy – What Choice(s) Do I Have?
- Testing Without Requirements
Presentations on SlideShare
All categories include:
- Agile Testing: Topics or discussions for improving software testing practices that are agreeable with Agile Principles
- Automation & Tools: Approaches for using tools and test automation techniques to accelerate testing efforts and/or increase test effectiveness
- Business of Testing: Discussions around how to integrate software testing within the team, the organization and the business, and make visible the value of quality, testing and the people involved
- Estimation for Testing: Approaches for including re-usable estimation techniques in the planning and management activities of the project to provide realistic options and aid good decision-making
- Planning for Quality: Articles discussing how to build quality into the project through upfront planning, practical practices, and streamlined processes
- Requirements & Testing: Discussions on where requirements and software testing come together and how each can better help and support the other
- Risk & Testing: Looking at how software testing can be used in the larger context of risk management and mitigation
- Team Building: Topics around encouraging, empowering, organizing both test and project teams
- Test Planning & Strategy: Addressing topics around designing test approaches, incorporating test techniques, setting up testing, and communicating the strategies for implementation
- Other: A catchall for topics that don’t have their own category yet