Welcome to the home of Thinking Through Testing. Here we explore “right-fit” approaches for software testing and share our ideas. We hope that you find something you can apply to your own projects and organizational environment.
This post is in response to the timely and provocative question from the ASQ CEO, Bill Troy. In his View From The Q post, the challenge is made to members of the Quality community to expand their capabilities to include leadership. The … Continue reading
Most Recent Articles
Over the years, I have been involved in a number of projects testing COTS (Commercial-Off-The-Shelf) systems across a range of industries. Sometimes the project was with the vendor and sometimes with the customer. When it came to supporting a company … Continue reading
High quality software delivered to market quickly has always been the goal of Agile teams. A common process teams use to achieve this goal is test automation. However, simply implementing test automation doesn’t always result in reaching this goal. Over … Continue reading
Popular Articles & Presentations
- I Say “Quality”! You Say…?
- Write a Test Strategy – What Choice(s) Do I Have?
- Own Your Approach – Drive Process Improvement
- COTS Tools vs. Scripting Languages for Test Automation
- Rapid Test Case Prioritization
Presentations on SlideShare
All categories include:
- Agile Testing: Topics or discussions for improving software testing practices that are agreeable with Agile Principles
- Automation & Tools: Approaches for using tools and test automation techniques to accelerate testing efforts and/or increase test effectiveness
- Business of Testing: Discussions around how to integrate the software testing practice within the team, the organization and the business, and make visible the value of quality, testing and the people involved
- Estimation for Testing: Approaches for including re-usable estimation techniques in the planning and management activities of the project to provide realistic options and aid good decision-making
- Planning for Quality: Articles discussing how to build quality into the project through upfront planning, practical practices, and streamlined processes
- Requirements & Testing: Discussions on where requirements and software testing come together and how each can better help and support the other
- Risk & Testing: Looking at how software testing can be used in the larger context of risk management and mitigation
- Team Building: Topics around encouraging, empowering, organizing both test and project teams
- Test Planning & Strategy: Addressing topics around designing test approaches, incorporating test techniques, setting up testing, and communicating the strategies for implementation
- Other: A catchall for topics that don’t have their own category yet